Setting up a new template for Bowen Solaris synth

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Setting up a new template for Bowen Solaris synth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zahush76
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 1

Hi!
      I’m new to the forum. I recently rceieved a Bowen Solaris synth. I have a pc with windows 7 on it, and working with cubase 5.1
      I wanted to automate the Solaris (stuff like filter cutoff, envelope amount, decay, individual oscilator pitch etc).
      As i went along i understood that the Solaris only works with NRPN’s. Since it has a huge amount of parameters – it has a list of 2045 parameters, each with its own NRPN number. For example the cutoff of filter1 is NRPN number 593.
      Anyway, it appears cubase doesn’t handle NRPN’s very good. Someone on the Gearslutz forum reffered to the CTRLR as a possible solution.
      Which brings me to the next question(s) before i even start downloading and learning how to work with CTRLR.
      1) Is it possible to build a template for the Solaris, that would “bridge” between Cubase and my Solaris, and would enable me to automate any of the parameters i want using NRPN’s?
      2) If this is indeed possible – then how could this work in cuabse without the loss of resoltion? NRPN works in 14bit. Cubase gives you regular automation tracks (CC) with only 7bit resolution. Won’t that defeat the purpose?
      3) Where do i start? If it’s possible and would solve my problem – than i would love to know how to start building a template for Solaris that would enable me to automate the Solaris with cubase in conjuntion with CTRLR.

4) I’m supposed to get the BCR2000 & BCF2000. Could that help? Or perhaps it’s not relevant in regards to using CTRLR to enable cubase to automate Solaris with NRPN’s?
      Thanks!

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

1) yes a Ctrlr panel gives you that

2) you won’t loose any resolution, NRPNs are 14bit, VST automation is 32bit

3) NRPNs are used with the MOPHO panel, you can see that as an example

4) irrelevant in this case

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 89 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr