Simple panel for AKAI LPK25 midi keyboard/controller

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Simple panel for AKAI LPK25 midi keyboard/controller

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    avs
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

Hi everybody!

New here so please forgive me if I do stupid stuff. Tell me the don’ts and I will try to learn as quickly as possible.

First of all; WOW! Ctrlr and this community is what I have been searching for since the eighties. Just imagine how the synths would have looked today if we have had these possibilities for twenty years… and how they would have sounded.

My first contribution is a simple panel for AKAI LPK25 midi keyboard/controller that bears all the marks of a noob that you would ever wish for. I suck at programming and the only time I have ever heard of Lua was in my openWRT router.

I have had a hard time putting the panel together (mainly because my Ctrlr crashes whenever I write an error in the code) and I had to throw away some ideas because I am incapable to work out how to code them. But like I said, I have known about Lua for three whole days. Maybe I will improve!?

Kudos to you members here that succeed to make the panels I have seen. Some of them are real artworks…

So it is with extreme cowardice I publish my nooby panel. The main reason that I do it is because the original software is even worse. And it doesn’t even run on my platform. Maybe it will be useful to others?

There are some light in the tunnel though. I will try to add save to/load from file functionality. And when I get better with Lua I will redo some of the code. Like I said, this version is a cut n paste mockup to give me a way to edit my keyboard.

I have two more synths that is in bad need of editors/librarians. Yamaha’s FB01 and a Roland MT-32. But I will need to lurke in the forum for quite some time to even think about it.

Cheers!

EDIT: Added a more user friendly LCD init procedure.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by avs. Reason: More user friedly lcd init procedure
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by avs.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
    There is currently 0 users and 72 guests online
    No users are currently active
    Forum Statistics
    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
    Ctrlr