Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

I just wanted to let you know what’s going on now.

I’m still removing the bugs reported by people in the bug tracker that’s an ongoing job that will never end.

The bigger changes i’m doing are:
      – minimize the memory footprint of Ctrlr, there are a few approaches that i’m trying, the first one is to remove all the Modulator/MidiMessage parts of static components (Labels, groups, images, arrows etc)
      – making the program manager work, the idea is that the program manager will have a few LUA methods linked and will handle program download/upload and translation between Ctrlr and MIDI (theese methods will look like any method you guys already wrote to do program dumps in your panels, so it will be a matter of copy/paste). The objective here is to make Ctrlr a bit more like a librarian program
      – code cleanup, i’m trying to remove obsolete or unused parts of Ctrlr (like the uiKeyboard component), also i will have to remove the UNDO option for component changes (moving sliders buttons etc) i will try to replace the existing UNDO system with a new one in the future, but for now it’s causing a lot of problems inside the code. I also want to replace the uiLabel component with a uiTextLayout component that will allow for text formatting within (fonts and colours) in HTML like format
      – i’m testing some optimization stuff so the current nightly build is a bit smaller and is built with different options

I also changed my job, moved to a small company and am doing a lot of out-of-office stuff so i can’t code @work, but i doubt i’ll be staying for a long time in that job cause it sucks so much cock you wouldn’t believe.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
    There is currently 0 users and 66 guests online
    No users are currently active
    Forum Statistics
    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
    Ctrlr