Two equal sliders sending different values

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Two equal sliders sending different values

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Saturnix
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2
      • โ˜…

Hello,

I’m trying to create my own controller for the TX-802 and this program is really amazing!

However, I’m having some difficulties: I’ve made two sliders, inputted the same SysEx formula but, as I use them, I see from the console they’re sending out different midi data.

Here you may find a difference check between the XML of the two sliders:

>http://diffchecker.com/2XVq7Ehc

As you can see, there are only marginal differences (related only to the interface position and index).

and here are the different messages they output in my midisport (where XXX is replaced with the slider value):

[MIDI OUT][14:45:23:000780]: [MIDISPORT 4×4 Anniv Port A][176 001 XXX]
      [MIDI OUT][14:45:25:000401]: [MIDISPORT 4×4 Anniv Port A][240 067 016 000 105 XXX 247]

Second perplexity, not so relevant… I still don’t understand how CTRL is able to understand to translate my SysEx formula into that message. The formula is: “F0 43 10 00 69 XX F7”: how does he understand to replace XX with the slider value? That’s correct, but who told him to do so and where?

Many thanks for your time ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT:

I’ve fixed the first problem. Basically, it is all about switching MIDI message type from 0-CC to 5-SysEx for both the sliders. They were already the same but, for some reason, CTRL was still sending out SysEx even if instructed to send CC for one of the sliders.

• This topic was modified 11 years, 3 months ago by Saturnix.
      atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

If you set it to CC it will send CC messages with the value parameter replaced by the current modulator value (whatever your slider value is set to).

if you set it to SysEx the formula is used, open the SysEx editor to see other formula tokens that can be used, XX is just one of many.

XX means, put the value of that’s currently set for the slider, as a 7 bit INTEGER in that place in the message, so for F0 01 02 03 XX F7, put it as the 5th byte in the message, and send it out.

For CCs delete the formula it’s not needed, CCs are those well-described messages, the always consist of 3 bytes. When in doubt consult the MIDI specificationย http://home.roadrunner.com/~jgglatt/tech/midispec.htm

Saturnix
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 2
          • โ˜…

Many thanks for your precious help! I understand now, but where can I find the SysEx editor with the other SysEx tokens?

• This reply was modified 11 years, 3 months ago by Saturnix.
          atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

On the left of the SysEx formula there is a button: Edit, it opens the editor, right click on any byte to see what tokens can be inserted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 59 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr