TX81Z Panel Midi In, Modulators Updating

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr TX81Z Panel Midi In, Modulators Updating

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Samelot
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 3

Hey, I’ve just started utilizing Ctrlr and the TX81Z panel. I have an audio interface so I have midi out from it to midi in on my synth, then I have midi out from my synth going to midi in on my interface. I have succeeded in manipulating the patches on my synth, but the problem is that when I scroll through presets on my TX81Z, none of the modulators in Ctrlr update to correspond with that preset. This is a problem because I have to manipulate every knob to find out where it is actually turned to. I have explored and fiddled around the midi preferences and the individual modulator preferences but have had no such luck.

Also, I know that with the TX81Z there is a voice transmit function. Should I expect to be using this or will I eventually be able to see all the modulators update in Ctrlr as a preset is changed on my synth?

Thanks

Samelot
      Participant

Anyone have any suggestions for this issue. Is this usually an easy thing to be able to do with ctrlr and the tx81z?

Stoner
        Participant
          • Topics: 2
          • Replies: 28
          • Total: 30

Open the MIDI Monitor window and see if your synth is sending the MIDI changes to Ctrlr as the presets are loaded.  I do not have one of those synths but doing that should show you what is happening.  If there is no MIDI sent to Ctrlr then there is no way for it to update.  In that case you may want to try the other setting and see if it send any MIDI messages.

Stoner

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 80
            • Replies: 793
            • Total: 873
            • ★★★

If this panel is the one uploaded in the panel section, it lacks the method to receive a voice dump and assign values to modulators, that’s why you don’t see any change when you change voices.

Samelot
            Participant

Ya, I do recall seeing data being sent when I did voice transmit on my TX81z. So if I want to be able to edit the patches/defaults already on the synth, can I send some .syx banks from my computer to the synth that include the defaults contained on the synth? Would this allow me to see the right dialings of each knob without ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 64 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr