uiToggleButton – how to stop focus boundary from drawing?

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros uiToggleButton – how to stop focus boundary from drawing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jasefos
    Participant
      • Topics: 13
      • Replies: 76
      • Total: 89

Howdy CTRLR heads,

Just working on my Ensoniq ESQ1 panel and have come across a cosmetic issue which someone may be able to assist with. Whenever a uiToggleButton is clicked on (regardless of if in Panel mode or editing mode) you end up with a rectangle being drawn around the perimeter for the component’s boundary which disappears only when you click on another component.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I’ve scrolled up and down through the various properties and can’t find the switch to do it.

I tried using uiButton instead and put it in Toggle mode however it doesn’t send the two states of the button – only uiToggleButton sends the MIDI message I need that works (Multi part message being NRPN control of on/off states of different elements of the synth).

Cheers!

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
      --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
      --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
      --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

jasefos
      Participant

I guess this is just how it works.
        ; )

I’ll use a different component type instead.
        Oh well!

Cheers!

--> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

I can try and add a property that will set a colour for that i guess, you could make it transparent then.

jasefos
          Participant

Hi Atom,

Nice of you to spend a moment to reply!
            Hope life is treating you well.

I tried using the other Boolean button types (uiImageButton for example) however I couldn’t get them to work as expected. I couldn’t get the True condition to actually send the events.

It would be good however if focus outline for uiToggle could be optional rather than forced – I can’t see why anyone would want the existing behaviour. Setting alpha to 00 in a colour property will suffice in the meantime.

p.s. much respect as always – loving CTRLR. Still yet to get deep into LUA but I really need to with new panel project on the go (Ensoniq ESQ1 – which I’ve got complete working as a One-Way Snapshot editor but want to expand functionality) and revisiting the Roland MKS80 editor I started.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by jasefos.

atom
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 159
              • Replies: 2945
              • Total: 3104
              • ★★★★★

I already did that and it will be an option, the next build will have that.

jasefos
              Participant

Sweet! Nice work 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 95 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr