uiXYsurface – flip Y and preventing value jumps

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros uiXYsurface – flip Y and preventing value jumps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I want to invert the values to the more standard cartesian grid so that UP is positive on the Y axis. How can I pull just the value of the y axis to do this operation.. and is it possible to “fix” the uiXYsurface with a toggle in the properties pane to flip the Y axis? I can’t be the only user who wants this as it is completely upside down from 99% of the applications of an XY grid modulator. This has been mentioned before, im not sure where it’s been left..

Also I notice that when changing which panel modulator is assigned to either the X or Y axis using a similar method DasFaker used on his virus panel, the moment I assign a new parameter to be modulated by either the X or Y, both the destination parameters immediately jump to the near center of the XY grid. I don’t want this. I want the XY modulator to get and jump to the value of the new assigned parameter’s value – not the near-center point of the grid. Even though my XY modulator has a range of 0-127 on both the X and Y axis, the “near-center” value they both track to when a new parameter is assigned is 67..

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I’ll add the option to flip the Y axis.

I’ll also add a simpler method to assign modulators to X/Y axis by a right-click menu, and i’ll remove any jumps/flickers when switching modulator destination for an axis.

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★

Cool. if you could make the right click menu optional that’d be great as I’ve already set up comboboxes to handle the parameter assignment part at least in my panel..I think a few other users have done the same. However if it’s necessary to tie it all in with one method to avoid the parameter jumps I’ll take the right click menu and simply remove my combo boxes (saving space in the process!)

thanks Atom!

-Rob

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

did the last build help ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 78 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr