uiXYsurface – Y axis inverted?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr uiXYsurface – Y axis inverted?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

Just curious if there is a way to set the uiXYsurface so that when you go UP the Y axis the value increases, instead of decreases. The default seems counter-intuitive to all logic. going up the Y axis should increase the value, 0 should be at the bottom, not top.

seeing this in both 934 stable and 1067 nightly on xp CTRLR.

Additionally what are the modulator width and height attributes of the uiXYsurface supposed to do? they do nothing here in 934 or 1067. I’d like to get the tracking point size down smaller than it is (the dot the user moves in the xy modulator).

I’m guessing the XYsurface is still in development, there are also attributes to set for comboboxes to set what the X and Y values operate on, but no comboboxes ever appear. Some clarification please?

Thanks!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

The combos are a leftover when the XY surface had it’s internal combos, but it doesn’t use them anymore you place your own combos and just link them to the XY surface properties. The inverted axis was never an option but it’s doable, size of the tracking point is also doable, i’ll do that when i get back home (this week i’m in the office of my new job in a different part of the country)

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★
          "atom":3ari82pp wrote:
          . The inverted axis was never an option but it’s doable.. [/quote:3ari82pp]

Ok great. It doesn’t make any sense that with the uiXYsurface, down on the Y-axis [i:3ari82pp][b:3ari82pp]increases [/b:3ari82pp][/i:3ari82pp]the linked value. down on the y should decrease value, at least to my brain.

Would you also mind giving the uiEnvelope point tracker similar treatment so we can change the size of the dot/square tracker point there too?

I’ve noticed that when using both the XYsurface and the uiEnvelope that it’s possible to drag a point outside it’s specified max value range. probably more something quirky w/ Juce. Have you seen this, atom?

I just changed all my envelope knobs and time/level knobs to uiEnvelopes in my MicrowaveXT panel. It’s soooooo nice and gives unprecedented control especially for the 8 wave level/time parameters :ugeek: I love it!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

yeah th euiEnvelope is not finished, the boundry checking is the part that’s not done, i wasn’t able to create an algorithm that would work fluently, but i still have some ideas and i’ll test them. The point size for uiEnvelope will be resizable i just wasn’t my focus, first i wanted to get the thing working.

Synthetech
            Participant
              • Topics: 13
              • Replies: 70
              • Total: 83

Was there ever an inversion parameter added?

How about a snapto# for X and Y you can turn on/off?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 122 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr