UNDO UNDO FUNCTION

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros UNDO UNDO FUNCTION

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    KALYWAY
    Participant
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 23
      • Total: 32

HELLO , i can not find undo undo function when i create a controller in the panel area (it’s ok for the lua methods area …)
      is this NORMAL ?

thanks .

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

The only undo for panel development is to restore a saved panel. Save your bpanel often!! You should do this anyway, the files are very very small.

I can’t speak for atom here but from what I remember a few years back there was an undo function in ctrlr but things seemed to get messy in the backend determining between undo in panel edit mode vs undo in normal panel use mode.

I have wished many many times though for an undo when developing panels, especially when modulators accidentally get dragged into a group or when accidentally loosing a selection of a group of modulators, etc. I’ve just trained myself to save the panel before doing anything which might need to be undone in edit mode..

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

Yeah i know that an undo function would be great, i can easily do certain undo stuff but it won’t be enough and people will complain about how it works, i’d rather simply not implement it at this stage. Adding this will cause loads of bugs, duo to memory allocations that need to be done, for now i’d rather avoid it.

I added the “save versioned” and an auto-save with a timer (global preferences) to help with all the crashes and bad stuff, you’ll need to live with that at least for now.

KALYWAY
          Participant

thank you , for the info , i have to save often !!!!

i say this info in the wrong section : i have modified some elements in the sources files , i have removed one bug (when a user drag a locked component in a group text or tab , the component “jump out” off his parent if the mouse cursor go out off the parent box ( this happen only in edit mode ….)
            but i have fixed this !!!!

if someone want the code section related to the problem i can give !
            fixed also : logic pro automation , now working 100% except the name handling (undefined_0 …..undefined1…..)

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

Please post the bug fixes here i’d love to see some help/patches with Ctrlr.

KALYWAY
              Participant

hello ok i have modified this for the component drag issue in edit mode :

near line 1283 in ctrlpanelcanvas.cpp
                see pastbin.com link for the entire void lines

////KALYWAY add this for the drag component bug in parent box (in edit mode ) ///

for (int i = 0; i < getOwner().getSelection().getNumSelected(); ++i) { CtrlrComponent* const c = getOwner().getSelection().getSelectedItem (i); if ((bool)c->getProperty(Ids::componentIsLocked) == true)
                continue;

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by KALYWAY.
                atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

Could you post this code at pastebin.com

i think that pasting it directly (i use the “pre” tag for this) might have broken it.

KALYWAY
                  Participant

http://pastebin.com/rwE8iPx5

this is the link off the pasted stuff
                    fix for the dropped items bug

kalyway

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

Could you explain whats going on here ?

////kalyway  add this for the drag component bug in parent box (in edit mode ) ///

for (int i = 0; i < getOwner().getSelection().getNumSelected(); ++i)
                       {
                          CtrlrComponent* const c = getOwner().getSelection().getSelectedItem (i);

if ((bool)c->getProperty(Ids::componentIsLocked) == true)
                              continue;
                      ////////////////---------------------------------------------------/////////////////
                         {
                          if (dragSourceDetails.description == "__ctrlr_component_selection")

{

If you remove your comments then code that stays makes no logical sense to me, should there be “else” or am i missing something very obvious.

if (something)
                        continue;
                      {
                         some other code
                      }

KALYWAY
                      Participant

Could you explain whats going on here ?

////kalyway  add this for the drag component bug in parent box (in edit mode ) ///

for (int i = 0; i < getOwner().getSelection().getNumSelected(); ++i)
                         {
                            CtrlrComponent* const c = getOwner().getSelection().getSelectedItem (i);

if ((bool)c->getProperty(Ids::componentIsLocked) == true)
                                continue;
                        ////////////////---------------------------------------------------/////////////////
                           {
                            if (dragSourceDetails.description == "__ctrlr_component_selection")

{

If you remove your comments then code that stays makes no logical sense to me, should there be “else” or am i missing something very obvious.

if (something)
                          continue;
                        {
                           some other code
                        }

yes , it’s not logic but it work ! …., you can replace continue with return
                        (i have replaced it ), and it work also , if the component is in locked state , the dropping is not allowed

KALYWAY
                        Participant

i have also added this in the menu component , see the picture , the code is easy , it’s a good idea or not ? i think finding the unlock switch in component section at the right column take more time than this ………

menu++

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

Now i get it, i’ll add both changes.

KALYWAY
                            Participant

for the drop bug
                              do not forget to update the code in ctrlTABcomponent.cpp and in ctrlrgroup.cpp !
                              with this , the components stop to jump from panel to group , from panel to tab , from tab to panel , from tab to group , etc …)
                              you can finally (when is locked) drag a tab component or other near a combo box or slider or other without jumping problem.

kalyway.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                            There is currently 0 users and 109 guests online
                            No users are currently active
                            Forum Statistics
                            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                            Ctrlr