User Manual

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr User Manual

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nahuel
    Participant
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 4
      • Total: 7

I understand that CTRL is a freeware that Atom developed himself and that’s totally awesome, I tought that maybe someone with a bit of experience with it could setup a quick "user manual" or at least a "quick start guide"…

I’m down to create a pannel for the ATC-X and share it with the comunity but I’m a bit lost…I’ll try to dig into it that’s for sure but a bit of guidance would be very welcome, at least to get the basic concepts behind the pannel building interface.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

yeah my first step was installing the Wiki, i just need to spend some time on figuring out how to organize that wiki, if anyone has any ideas, i’d love some help. If anyone can prepare an outline of what should be there and how it should be organized i’ll just start filling up that content with actual information.

Nahuel
        Participant

That would be pretty cool, I wish I could help you but I’m totally ignorant about how to program myself so… but yea here are my suggestions:

-the wiki should contain an explaination for each function. Thanks a lot Mr Obvious!

-a quick video tutorial on how to set up a pannel (with maybe a couple of slider/buttons) would be very welcome.

msepsis
          Participant
            • Topics: 219
            • Replies: 732
            • Total: 951
            • ★★★

Obviously I’d first start with installation

then describe the usage – the standalone vs vst version

Next give General overview of interface.. briefly define every button on the top, the workspace, the tabbed attribute window on the right (very generally)

Then give general overview of right click menu items – Add component, Edit and General

Next define the components and subcomponents (uiSlider>LinearHorizontal, LinearVertical, LinearBar, Rotary, etc etc)

Finally discuss exporting, saving, distributing our finished panels

Then list some resources on related items – LAU, JUCE etc.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Nahuel
            Participant

I dont want to harass your guys but I tried…. still C-TRLR is pretty obscure for me…. someone with a bit of experience help the comunitry please! Mr atom did all the hard work already… Just a lil video tut would be enought to get someone like me started! come on guys, we need you on this one!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 92 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr