Virus Ti Snow + Roland UM-One + Ctrlr

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Virus Ti Snow + Roland UM-One + Ctrlr

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    destrev
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 3

Hey all, hoping you can help me out. My current working setup is a USB connection for my Virus Ti Snow into my DAW (Studio One). It works, but I get pops, stutters, etc, and have to bounce the audio frequently after every change to avoid going insane.

I’d like to connect my Snow via the Roland UM-One Midi to USB for low latency, and use Ctrlr (I don’t have any Midi ins/outs on my PC). I’ve installed the drivers, etc, but I cannot get Ctrlr and my Snow to communicate.

Maybe there is a setting in Ctrlr or my Snow I am missing, but can someone help me through what I need to check?

destrev
      Participant

Update:

I now have the newest Virus Ti OS installed, now the MIDI communication is going well. I am not getting any output sound however, how should I be routing it? I have MIDI input and MIDI output to the UM-One connecting the Virus Ti to my PC. Both on channel 1. Do I need any Midi Thru… or Input From/Output To plugin host?

Any help appreciated!

jasefos
        Participant
          • Topics: 13
          • Replies: 76
          • Total: 89

Once I have my Virus TI Polar going with the CTRLR panel available here I’ll be happy to help you troubleshoot further … Since you have MIDI comms working (as you mention above), hate to ask a potentially silly question, however have you connected the regular audio outputs of your Snow to the audio inputs on your soundcard or are you expecting sound to flow out of your Snow via the USB connection (I don’t think that will work since by using CTRLR you are sidestepping the USB/Audio TI integration in order to get around the problems you’ve experienced using Access’s own audio stream back to host). Are you using an audio interface? I ask only because you make no mention above that you have one in your setup. Do you hear sound from your Snow if headphones are connected to it directly?

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
          --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
          --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
          --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

destrev
          Participant

I can get sound directly from it yes, plugging 1/4″ headphones in. I need to get my hands on a 1/4″ dual stereo to RCA cable to plug into my Xonar Essence STX to make this work in my setup I believe. Digiflex 3m (10 ft.) Dual 1/4″ to RCA Cable should do it.

jasefos
            Participant
              • Topics: 13
              • Replies: 76
              • Total: 89

OK if you’re hearing sound with cans connected to the headphone output of your Virus Snow then you can expect the sound to get into your audio interface once you get appropriate cabling.

Personally I’m a huge fan of my Universal Audio Apollo Quad as my choice of audio interface which I use with Ableton Live 9 x64 on MacOS10.8.6. It’s a great partner for bigger collections of hardware synths being run via CTRLR (expensive but awesome) however there are a plethora of musician-grade audio interfaces available for around $200 which give you multiple inputs on 1/4″ jacks with proper low-latency ASIO driver support (only needed for Windows based setups).

Anyhow – good to hear you are getting your Snow to play ball with the panel!
              Shame on Virus for failing to deliver reliable audio streaming (USB1 is problematic for audio streaming) that completes the “Total Integration” feature advertised.

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
              --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
              --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
              --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 87 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr