VST (not VSTi) version?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr VST (not VSTi) version?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mister36
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 3
      • Total: 4

Is there any way to make ctrlr function as a VST i.e., an effect as opposed to a VSTi i.e., an instrument? This is primarily to be able to use ctrlr on a Maschine Group (as opposed to the first slot of a Sound), but could also benefit users of other DAWs that have this VSTi/VST differentiation.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I though you could load VSTi on FX channels. But if that’s not the case i can add another build type to Ctrlr if that will help.

zeoka
        Participant
          • Topics: 73
          • Replies: 466
          • Total: 539
          • ★★★

In Maschine this is not possible to open a vsti in fx slots but the inverse yes.

Why put a ctrlr instance in fx slots ? There is no sound in ctrlr !

Even if ctrlr controls a fx midi device this is not required to add an instance in fx slots i think.

Mister36
          Participant

I though you could load VSTi on FX channels. But if that’s not the case i can add another build type to Ctrlr if that will help.

This would be amazing and very much appreciated! The program already is something special though. Congratulations. 🙂

Some hosts allow VSTi on effects tracks/channels and vice versa, while others are more picky. Maschine being one, where, as zeoka points out, VSTi can only be loaded on the first slot of “Sounds”, but VST (effects) can be loaded anywhere.

In Maschine this is not possible to open a vsti in fx slots but the inverse yes. Why put a ctrlr instance in fx slots ? There is no sound in ctrlr ! Even if ctrlr controls a fx midi device this is not required to add an instance in fx slots i think.

As I said, I want to be able to use ctrlr on the Group level in Maschine not on a Sound, so therefore require it to be a VST “effect”, not an instrument. What it controls, as you say, is (partially) irrelevant and it does not have to be a VSTi instrument instance to control instruments and a VST effect instance to control effects units. However, it is the positioning and location of the ctrlr instance itself that I am interested in, which does require being loaded as a VST effect.

Thanks for your opinion though. 😉

DMM
            Participant
              • Topics: 6
              • Replies: 46
              • Total: 52

The vst version must route the audio from input to output otherwise it’s not very usable.

Mister36
              Participant

The vst version must route the audio from input to output otherwise it’s not very usable.

This is certainly very important for the majority of use-cases. Hopefully this won’t be too much work to implement…

atom
                Keymaster
                  • Topics: 159
                  • Replies: 2945
                  • Total: 3104
                  • ★★★★★

this is done by default the audio buffer is not touched by Ctrlr, what comes in comes out.

Mister36
                  Participant

this is done by default the audio buffer is not touched by Ctrlr, what comes in comes out.

Interesting, useful, and gratefully received information. Thanks.

edemunari
                    Participant

Any news here? VST version is still really appreciated for NI Maschine users.
                      Thanks in advance, Eriberto

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                    There is currently 0 users and 103 guests online
                    No users are currently active
                    Forum Statistics
                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                    Ctrlr