VST plugin – send snapshot automatically?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr VST plugin – send snapshot automatically?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NoNameNeeded
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 11
      • Total: 13

Is there any way to send a snapshot automatically when a Cubase preset is selected (a snapshot is loaded)?
      At least I’ve managed to get the plugin to load a snapshot when the panel is loaded but it would be even better if you could automatically send it everytime a snapshot is loaded.

NoNameNeeded
      Participant

Ok, I was eventually able to find the right settings.
        Wasn’t easy though..

vinnymig
        Participant
          • Topics: 0
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 1

Hi there,

any chance you could explain that to me? I am making a panel for a drum machine but when I load an instance it does not send the snapshot automatically. I have to go to Programs, send snapshot. I tried clicking on the option: Snapshot on Load but nothing seems to happen.
          Cheers.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

I noticed some issues with the VST instance not saving settings, i’ll be debugging this next so i’ll consider the snapshot feature.

dasfaker
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 80
              • Replies: 793
              • Total: 873
              • ★★★

This issue seems to be present not only with vst instances. I just created an empty panel with just one modulator and at startup it doesn’t send its value, no matter what value is set in “modulatorMuteOnStart”.

On the other hand, my Virus panel at startup send a lot of modulators (that are set to mute on startup, so they should not be sent) in a strange way. They are sent twice, the first one with value 0 and the second one with the correct value.

atom
              Keymaster
                • Topics: 159
                • Replies: 2945
                • Total: 3104
                • ★★★★★

First of all i uploaded a nighlty now quickly to fix the shift+drag issue (my mistake and i’m sorry for that).

I also tried yet another method of passing menu commands, it was always weird (selecting a menu triggered an option twice), i added a simple time check so that commands don’t get executed too fast. This should fix the issue with snapshots on load etc.

In terms of modulators sent on load, there can be multiple ways now that some options override each other, especially if you use lua a lot (and i know you do in your panel), i now it’s hard to control this. I’ll get into that issue again asap.

dasfaker
                Keymaster
                  • Topics: 80
                  • Replies: 793
                  • Total: 873
                  • ★★★

Forget my last sentence, I found the cause, there was a bug in my code.

NoNameNeeded
                  Participant

@vinnymig

I can’t check on it right now but the solution was to also tick the option to send the snapshot on load in the LUA editor, otherwise the “Snapshot on load” option in ctrlrs menu wasn’t ticked.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 86 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr