Some updates

Home Forums General News and releases Some updates

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

Some more changes
      – added a revision file to each ZIP archive so you know witch archive is witch revision (inside the file is the build time)
      – as simple yet useful feature, you can provide your own XML file to each Ctrlr, just create a XML file in the Ctrlr format and put it in the same directory as the Ctrlr binary and name it like the Ctrlr file but give it a XML extension, example
      [code:6kqerfth]
      ctrlr: DSI – Evolver.exe
      XML: DSI – Evolver.xml

or

ctrlr: DSI – Tetra.dll (vst version)
      XML: DSI – Tetra.xml
      [/code:6kqerfth]

Ctrlr will pick this file and load it instead of the built in modulator map, thanks to that you can now test your own SysEx messages if i give you wrong ones, you can fix errors before i publish new builds with fixes, and most important once you fix/upgrade something you can let us know so i can add the fix/upgrade to the releases. The file is loaded only on start/load so you need to reload the whole application or plugin for it to work. To revert back to the original mapping just delete/rename the file.

– a View->Reset size option if your Ctrlr gets too big so you can bring it back to it’s original built-in size (you can always delete the preferences directory and it will reset too, that’s just a handy option)

that’s it for now

Charlemagne
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 6
        • Total: 6

Hi – thanks for putting the Tetra Mac version up! I’m having a little trouble getting it to work – it seems to get input messages fine from my USB keyboard, but I don’t think anything is setting set to the Tetra (even though it is selected as the Output). This is in standalone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m not sure how to properly set up the AU in Logic (do I use an Instrument Track)?

Thanks for doing this! If you create a PayPal donation link, I’d love to support this effort.

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

I just updated the MAC builds so please download the Tetra again you should download revision 1395 and it should work (there was a bug in the earlier builds)

As for the Logic stuff, don’t ask me i think that the name of the program "Logic" is misleading there is nothing logical about that program, i’m a windows kinda guy myself, so maybe someone else will help you.

DBM
          Participant
            • Replies: 26
            • Total: 26

Novation Xio Mac build ?

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

the XIO never worked from what i remember, at least noone ever reported it to work, i can do the mac builds but i’d need some help in getting it to work.

Charlemagne
              Participant

Thanks! The new Tetra Mac version seems to work – I just had to be sure to select "MIDI Thru".

Does this version receive data from the hardware itself? All knobs / sliders are still set to 0 even if I change settings on the hardware or flip through programs on the device. Not sure if need to adjust a setting or something?

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

Well it should react to changes sent by the tetra itself, if its getting those messages on the midi input.

DBM
                  Participant
                    • Replies: 26
                    • Total: 26

Ok I will beta test . hit me

Charlemagne
                    Participant

If I set both input and output to DSI Tetra, then the program does receive MIDI changes from the Tetra – however, not sure how I’m supposed to control the standalone with my MIDI keyboard as well (there’s only room for one input it seems).

Also, the Tetra’s knobs don’t seem to be mapped correctly – for example, if I move the cutoff knob on my Tetra, the pitch knob changes in the editor. And when I go to the next bank or patch in the Tetra, I don’t see the values updated in the editor – the knobs stay the same, so there is no way to know what all the parameters are set to for this particular patch.

atom
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★★★

well sending a program change will not affect the editor, cause the editor would need information about the program stored in the hardware (this is a librarian feature witch is not there yet). If there are some badly mapped knobs please let me know witch ones i’ll have a look.

For the midi keyboard input, i’m sure you have midi thru on the Tetra, you can always daisy chain your midi devices, and Ctrlr can listen on ALL midi channels so you can have 16 devices on one midi hardware port.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                      There is currently 0 users and 60 guests online
                      No users are currently active
                      Forum Statistics
                      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                      Ctrlr