TX7 port (also uploaded OSX standalones/AU/VST for Jomox, Waldorf, Yamaha)

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros TX7 port (also uploaded OSX standalones/AU/VST for Jomox, Waldorf, Yamaha)

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    hooya
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 13
      • Total: 15

Can I get current program settings using this panel? I can’t seem to get the “Get patch & performance” button to actually get the current settings on the TX7. Do I need to set the TX7 to something I’m missing?

SWB
      Participant
        • Topics: 35
        • Replies: 157
        • Total: 192
        • ★★

I have attached the part from the manual about the midi send and receive settings for the TX7. Hope that helps.

Sometimes in my set up the “Get patch & performance” button doesn’t work either. Don’t know why. Turning the TX7 off/on helps.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by SWB.
        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        hooya
        Participant

Well that worked easy enough. I had the TX7 set right, but I just needed to power cycle it. Facepalm

It doesn’t grab everything properly for me still. For example, the portamento settings don’t grab properly. Basically it seems like the settings that you can actually adjust from the panel of the TX7 don’t read right on Ctrlr. Not sure if that’s me again or something up with the program.

SWB
          Participant
            • ★★

If you read the text I have added for the panel in the panel upload section you’ll see that’s what my experience is also. I really don’t know why this happens, because I literally assign each incoming midi parameter value to the appropriate modulator. If what you notice – the settings one can actually adjust from the panel of the TX7 are not getting the right value – is true, then I know where to look. I will dive deeper into this. Thanks and please test this panel some more.

hooya
            Participant

Gotcha.

I’ll keep messing with it.

This may be a bit of a noob question (I have a tx81z as well but don’t understand FM synthesis as well as analog subtractive synthesis) but what are the level/rate controls in each voice mapped to? The things aren’t labeled well at least for me, since I don’t really know what I’m doing here.

Sorry if I’m leeching more help than I can provide.

SWB
              Participant
                • ★★

I’m not sure if I understand your question… Initially I thought the numbers 1,2, 3 and 4 (both for rate and level) were the same as ADSR (attack = 1, decay = 2 etc.), but when those modulators were receiving their value, there was some weird behavior, so I took the easy way and labeled them according to the manual. In a way the modulators behave almost like ADSR, but not entirely ;-). Maybe it’s a typical Yamaha thing, I don’t know. Somebody else can shed a light? (I just bought the TX7 a couple of months ago and haven’t spend much time playing with the thing. Like you I still have to learn the ins and outs of FM synthesis.)

hooya
                Participant

Ah, I found that spot in the DX7 manual now.

I can’t seem to get the breath controller to actually do anything with those values though. Frustrating….

hooya
                  Participant

Oh man, I think I just figured it out. The panel has an error. You can’t set a value of 4 to the mod sensitivity on the TX7. it’s 0-3! I’d been testing with values of 0 and 4 to try to get the most extreme effect and hitting my head trying to figure out why I got no difference.

Value of 3!

Now I’m getting somewhere.

SWB
                    Participant
                      • ★★

Ah, thanks! I will adjust the low/high value of this modulator. (You can do it yourself also, of course.)

SWB
                      Participant
                        • ★★

I think I misunderstood your post. By “panel” you mean the LCD-screen of the TX7 itself, not my TX7 CTRLR panel… But anyway, those values should have a range from 0 to 15, not 0 to 4, according to the manual.

hooya
                        Participant

Not that value, the “A Mod” setting in Each operator. The slider to the left of the keyboard velocity sensor.

I do mean in the ctrlr panel.

Page 14 of the DX7 manual.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by hooya.
                          • This reply was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by hooya.
                          SWB
                          Participant
                            • ★★

OK, you’re right! I will change those values. Thanks for noticing and sorry for any inconvenience caused by this 🙂

hooya
                            Participant

No, not at all. I’m glad I was able to actually figure out what the issue is.

Now I have to go through some thousands of patches and find the ones that I like to make work well with the breath controller.

At least there are only 32 patches to be stored on the synth, unlike some modern ones with 300+ slots you feel like you have to fill…

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
                            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                            There is currently 0 users and 66 guests online
                            No users are currently active
                            Forum Statistics
                            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                            Ctrlr