QuickBooks is one of the foremost famous accounting software for little and mid-sized business owners. This software may be a one-stop solution for all of your accounting needs. It gives complete peace of mind to business owners because its many features save business owners time so, that they’ll dedicate their time to grow their business. Just like every other software QuickBooks also faces some reasonable problems. During this blog, I’ll be discussing one of the foremost frequently occurring errors i.e. QuickBooks error 6147. QuickBooks error code 6147 0 is series of QuickBooks error 6000.
Read Also: To download QuickBooks 2018 through the web, you can visit our website to Downloads & Updates page and choose your version. Then, proceed with installing QuickBooks Desktop.
First, we’d like to know what causes QuickBooks Error 6147 0.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6147
Below given are a few of the reasons that cause QuickBooks Error 6147 0:
- Restoring a backup file from a drive or a network drive.
- . ND or. TLG extensions could be damaged or corrupted
- Damage.QBW file
- Incorrect folder permission to the folder during which you’ve got the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks company file is opened by a mapped drive that may have gotten deleted or the location not exists.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
- Getting error QuickBooks Error code 6147 0, you’ll not be ready to get in your company file.
- Not able to revive backup file.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6147?
Let’s discuss the possible solutions to affect QuickBooks Error Code 6147. However, if the issue is reoccurring and isn’t getting sorted even with the below solutions.
Solution 1: Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor
You have to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor to implement this solution. Run this tool after the installation.
Solution 2: Create backup files at an apart location
- Ensure that the hosting of the system isn’t done.
- In QuickBooks, So, Click on the File menu then select utilities.
- If the inclusion of the Stop Hosting Multi-User option is there within the list, you must move with the following:-
- Stop the Hosting Multi-User access.
- Click yes on the window shown. await following window to have appeared.
- Click on the yes option with the corporate file closed.
- Restore with the backup file present on the system.
- You should verify that the company file name isn’t more than the allowed 210 characters.
- Trend Micro Active Scan settings are to be configured. you’ve got to set aside the folder that has the corporate file.
- Find your company’s file location
- Press Ctrl then double click on QuickBooks followed by opening it without disturbing the company’s file.
- The company’s file should be on the highest. From the list of the files, choose the corporate file.
- The file list will open that might display the path of the file.
- Now, you’ve got to open the scan settings of the Trend Micro active scan. you’ve got to carefully select the folder and add it to the exception.
- You can visit the page of Trend Micro support page on their website to understand the way to set the exception with the files or folder.
Solution 4: Repair .ND and .TLG file
- Rename .ND and .TLG file .ND and .TLG files are the configuration files of QuickBooks that permits company file to run during a network or a multi-user mode.
- To rename the file you would like to follow these steps
- Open the folder which contains your QuickBooks company file.
- ND and .TLG file
- Right-click on these files and rename them .ND old and .TLG old.
Solution 5: Rename the ADR file as a QuickBooks Working file.
- Renaming .ADR file can assist you in fixing the QuickBooks Error 6147.
- Open the folder together with your QuickBooks company file.
- Search QuickBooks.ADR folder
- Open the folder and look for the recent ADR file
- Right-click on its file and rename it to .qbw.
After following all the above steps you’ll not face QuickBooks Error Code -6147, 0 but just in case it still exists you’ll speak with our experts.