Technology is no doubt a great thing but, when it does not work in the desired manner, it can be frustrating. One such thing is Printer. Printers failing to print or print in the desired way can be an issue for offices. But, fortunately, you can fix most of the common printing problems on your own or just have to make some effort to get them sorted. In this article, we are discussing common printer problems and how you can get rid of them. Check out the complete article and hopefully, you will find a solution for your problem.
Common Printing Issues
This is one of the most common printer issues that you can face. Usually, people try to remove the paper forcefully and that can worsen the situation. This problem can be resolved easily if you refer to the troubleshooting guide. Other than this, you will also have to make sure that you load the paper after squaring it off and the paper you use is of the right quality for your printer.
Now, the next issue that you can face is that the printer is printing nothing on the paper. This can be caused because of using multiple printers and also if the drivers are not updated. To resolve this problem, we suggest you make sure that you have updated all the printer drivers on the system. Also, make sure that the paper tray is not empty. Other than this, in case you are using more than one printer, you need to make sure that you have chosen the right printer. In the end, try to shut it down and check the connections and then turn it on.
Bad Print Quality
Now, there are chances that your printer is printing but the quality of the print is not up to the mark. For this, you will have to check the settings of your printer and make sure to choose the right settings. Also, you need to check if you have chosen the same paper as mentioned in the printer driver. Next, check the ink cartridges. The issue can arise because of the damaged or misplaced ink cartridges.
Wifi Printing is Taking Longer to Usual
Usually, Wifi printing is much more convenient and people prefer it. You may sometimes notice that it is taking longer than usual to print a document. Usually, this issue arises because of the placement of your printer. You will have to make sure that your Wifi router is close and also, nothing is obstructing the process. Other than this, you can also try to switch the channel of the router manually.
Different Solutions to Fix Common Printing Problems with Printer
Now, if you are facing printer issues with your printer, there are certain methods that you can use to fix it. Below we have mentioned some common methods for you. We hope it helps.
Solution 1: Check the Status of Printer
- The very first thing that you have to do is to make sure that there is paper present in the tray. In case the paper is present, you need to make sure that nothing is stuck in the paper.
- Also, you need to check if the toner is empty. To check it, you need to refer to the manufacturer’s website to know how you can check the toner level.
Solution 2: Terminating All the Printer Jobs
- For this, you need to go to the control panel on your system. You will then have to choose the drivers and printers option.
- Now, you will have to look for your printer. Choose the printer with which you are facing the issue.
- Next, you need to right-click on it and choose the option to see what’s happening
- When done, you need to choose to open as administrator and then click on the printer option.
- You will now have to choose the option to cancel all documents. Now, click on the Yes option.
- In the end, try to test print page.
Solution 3: Set Your Printer As Default Printer
- To start with, open the Run window on the screen and then type control in the run window.
- Now, hit the enter key and the control panel will open on the screen.
- You will now have to choose the option for devices and printers.
- Under this, look for your printer.
- You will now have to right-click on it and choose to make it your default printer.
- You can then see a green tick with the name of your printer.
It is common to face issues with the printer but most of them can be easily fixed. These were some common issues that you can face and their fixes for your convenience. We hope it was helpful.