With over 225 million active users, Yahoo Mail is among the most popular email platforms today. Whether you need to fulfil your professional emailing requirements or personal ones, Yahoo Mail covers them all. Besides, having a Yahoo Mail account allows you to manage all your contacts, calendars, and even schedule meetings in a hassle-free way. While there are several positive sides to having an account on Yahoo Mail, issues like Yahoo Mail not receiving emails often leads to frustration. This, in turn, might impact your work at the office or even on a personal front. However, if you can identify the reason behind such issues, you can resolve it in no time and ensure continued and smooth working of your Yahoo Mail account.
Read on to explore why issues like Yahoo Mail not getting emails occur and how you can resolve such issues in no time.
Why Yahoo Mail not Receiving Emails on Android
If you are an Android user having an account on Yahoo Mail, you might prefer using the Yahoo Mail app on your device. As such, instead of opening a web browser and browsing the Yahoo Mail URL, you can simply tap on the Yahoo Mail app icon on your Android device and fulfil all your emailing requirements on the go. However, if you notice that you are not receiving emails Yahoo, it might be due to the reason that the app installed on your Android device is outdated. In such cases, you need to check if an update is available for the app. If you find it, you must update the app immediately.
Here’s how you can check if the Yahoo Mail app installed on your Android device is up-to-date:
- Launch the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Play Store and go to the ‘Applications’ menu.
- Tap on the ‘Search’ icon and type ‘Yahoo Mail’ in the search field.
- Tap on ‘Yahoo Mail’ from the list of suggestions.
- If you see an ‘Update’ button, tap on it and wait for the Yahoo Mail app to update.
Apart from the presence of an outdated Yahoo Mail app, presence of app cache on your Android device can restrict your Yahoo Mail app to perform properly. You can follow the below-mentioned series of steps to clear the app cache on your Android device:
- On your Android device, tap on ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Storage’ in your Android device’s settings.
- Tap on the ‘Internal Storage’ option under ‘Device Storage’ and then on ‘Internal Storage’.
- Tap on ‘Cached data’ and then on ‘OK’.
Yahoo Mail not Receiving Emails 2021? Here’s What to Do!
Irrespective of the online service you use, ensuring a stable and reliable internet connection is a must. If you ever wonder or have queries like why is my Yahoo Mail not getting new emails, it might be possible that either you don’t have an internet connection or that the internet connection you have is not working. In such cases, you can carry out the below-mentioned steps and ensure that your internet works fine:
- Check if the internet light is blinking on the wireless router or the access point you are using.
- Turn off the router by disconnecting the router’s power adapter from the electric socket.
- Wait for about two minutes and connect the power adapter back to the electric socket.
- Turn on the router and check if you can access the internet.
- Check if the Ethernet cable connecting your router and the modem is in proper condition. If there are any physical damages, replace the Ethernet cable with a new one.
In some cases, it might happen that the Yahoo Mail server is undergoing scheduled maintenance or the server is down due to some technical glitch. As such, there’s nothing you can do apart from waiting for the issue to get resolved on its own. You can, however, check the status of the Yahoo Mail server by browsing websites like ‘downdetector.com’. To start with the search, first visit ‘www.downdetector.com’ using a computer or any compatible smart device. Once the website loads, type ‘www.yahoomail.com’ in the search area and press Enter to see the status of the Yahoo Mail server.
What to Do If Yahoo not Receiving Emails from Facebook?
Instances might occur when you aren’t receiving any emails from Facebook on your Yahoo email account. In such cases, first you need to check the email notification settings to ensure that you haven’t disabled the email notifications. Secondly, you can check your Spam or Junk email folders to ensure that the emails from Facebook aren’t being delivered to this folder. If yes, then you need to add the @facebook.com domain to the Yahoo Mail account’s safe senders list. Additionally, you can contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and ask if they are blocking the email traffic coming from Facebook.
Apart from the troubleshooting methods mentioned above, if you aren’t receiving any emails from Facebook, try using another web browser. For instance, if you were using Chrome, try using Mozilla Firefox, log into your Yahoo Mail account, and check if you are receiving emails from Facebook.
Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Some Emails on Computer? Here’s the Solution!
While there could be many factors that can restrict Yahoo Mail to receive any emails, you can follow some simple, yet effective troubleshooting methods to get rid of this problem. First, you must ensure that you’ve a stable and reliable internet connection. If you find no issues with the internet connection, then go to your browser settings and remove the cache files, cookies, and browsing history.
Over the prolonged use of a web browser, cache files and cookies get accumulated in the browser, which, in turn, often create hindrances while you use Yahoo Mail. As such, clearing or removing these files can resolve the issue of Yahoo Mail not receiving some emails. For instance, if you are using Google Chrome, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to remove the cache files and cookies:
- Launch Google Chrome on your device.
- Click on the three vertical dots located at the upper-right corner of the Chrome window.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- From the left-hand panel, click on ‘Privacy and security’.
- Now, click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Under the ‘Basic’ tab, select a time range and check mark all the three boxes appearing on your screen.
- Click on ‘Clear data’ to remove the selected files from your web browser.
Similarly, for other web browsers like Firefox, Opera, Edge, etc., you can go to the browser settings and remove these files. In addition, it might happen that you’ve set a filter to some email contacts or blocked someone on Yahoo Mail unintentionally. In such cases, you won’t receive any emails from the blocked email sender. You can check the list of blocked email sender on Yahoo Mail by following the series of steps mentioned under:
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit Yahoo Mail.
- Log into your email account using the correct login credentials.
- Once you are logged in, click on the gear icon located on the upper-right side of your screen.
- Click on ‘More Settings’ and select ‘Security and Privacy’ in the left-hand panel.
- Check if there are any email address (s) under the blocked contacts list.
Issues like Yahoo Mail not receiving emails could be frustrating, especially when you require urgent access to your emails. However, if you can identify the actual reason behind such issues, you can follow any of the troubleshooting methods as mentioned in this post and resolve the problem in no time. Before you start with the troubleshooting of this issue, first, ensure that you have a working and reliable internet connection.