Can I copy all the faders from one tab to another without copying all the tabs?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Can I copy all the faders from one tab to another without copying all the tabs?

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    zmix
    Participant
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 65
      • Total: 74

what’s the resolution of the parameters, do they go
      in steps, or continuous, fine increments? is it practical
      to get values from a table? maybe show us a page from the
      sysex data sheet.

The sysex values all increment and decrement by one, the display might have specific values, for example the lowpass filter at the input and the lowpass filter in the feedback loop have preset cutoff values, so I made this table for the “slider contents” in the panel so that the fader’s numerical display shows the same cutoff values as the PCM-70’s front panel:

170Hz=497
      350Hz=498
      530Hz=499
      720Hz=500
      920Hz=501
      1.12kHz=502
      1.33kHz=503
      1.55kHz=504
      1.78kHz=505
      2.02kHz=506
      2.27kHz=507
      2.53kHz=508
      2.81kHz=509
      3.1kHz=510
      3.41kHz=511
      3.73kHz=512
      4.08kHz=513
      4.45kHz=514
      4.85kHz=515
      5.28kHz=516
      5.75kHz=517
      6.27kHz=518
      6.83kHz=519
      7.47kHz=520
      8.19kHz=521
      9.02kHz=522
      10kHz=523
      11.1kHz=524
      12.3kHz=525
      13.6kHz=526
      15.0kHz=527

zmix
      Participant

This is what my PCM-70 Concert Hall Panel looks like:

Nice i like it! Thanks for confirming the extra parms were a typo in the manual , i was starting to think i had defective/incomplete firmware : LOL

There is another typo in the same section, the level controls for the reflections actually have a sysex range from 400 to 674, not 624 as listed in the manual..

I scaled mine by assigning the slider range from 0 to 864 and using the following expression to give the proper setting: modulatorValue/2.82+400

Note that this might not always give an accurate time in ms because the size parameter affects the amount of memory allocated to these delays..

zmix
        Participant

Don’t know if this will help and it’s kind of untested pseudo code, but something like??

t={
          "RT_LOW"={496,527,10}
          --this could be a table of all those "depends on size listings" or just part of a table of all values
          }

function returnDisplayedSize(mod,value)
          sName=mod:L(getName()) -- the name of the controller could be RT_LOW
          local min=t[sName][1]
          local max =t[sName][2]
          local lowLimit==t[sName][3] -- ????????? not sure where this is listed
          local sizeValue=value-lowLimit
          local displayedSize = (sizeValue+min)*71/100
          panel:getModulatorByName("labelName"):getComponent():setPropertyString("uiLabelText"displayedSize)
          end -- function

Here you have a slider named “RT_LOW” and it prints the displayed size to a label component named “labelName”.

I don’t have a PCM-70 and only quickly scanned the manual and I wasn’t sure what they mean by parameter low limit.

Regards,

Thanks so much for that i’m headed off to work and will check it out later on tonight.

Awesome.. anyone daring enough to try it? 🙂

zmix
          Participant

I noticed that (at least in the AU version) the parameter values sent to the host only show values between 0 and 1. Even if the Panel GUI shows 0-99 or 170Hz to 15kHz, the automation parameters (and therefor control surface readout) is always confined to a value between 0 and 1.

human fly
            Participant
              • Topics: 124
              • Replies: 1070
              • Total: 1194
              • ★★★★

looks like float values? ie: you are getting decimal points between
              0 and 1 ?
              ‘expression to evaluate’ should have ‘modulator value’ (by default,
              unless it’s a centred -/+ control, and offset +24,+48 etc.) for the
              MIDI message to send, and for receiving should say ‘ midi value’,
              unless that needs to be offset.

soz can’t think of anything else right now. you are using an
              image slider with a fixed values list? maybe that needs something.

zmix
              Participant

looks like float values? ie: you are getting decimal points between
                0 and 1 ?
                ‘expression to evaluate’ should have ‘modulator value’ (by default,
                unless it’s a centred -/+ control, and offset +24,+48 etc.) for the
                MIDI message to send, and for receiving should say ‘ midi value’,
                unless that needs to be offset.

soz can’t think of anything else right now. you are using an
                image slider with a fixed values list? maybe that needs something.

Right. It’s not dissimilar to several other Plugin authoring programs I have and dozens of commercial plugins that only display values between 0 and 1, in several UAD plugins if you go to “controls” mode — where you see the parameters only, no GUI if you double click a value, even if it’s displayed as 300 hz you might have to type in “0.65” to get a value 65% up in the available range.

Each slider is sending a sysex value of some arbitrary value in the hundreds.

I’d like the displayed “MIDI” value to duplicate the slider’s displayed value.

Is that possible?

human fly
                Participant
                  • ★★★★

haven’t used fixed slider yet; regular modulator sliders come up
                  with a default setting on those ‘evaluate’ entries. maybe do a test
                  with one of those and see what you get in your host.

zmix
                  Participant

haven’t used fixed slider yet; regular modulator sliders come up
                    with a default setting on those ‘evaluate’ entries. maybe do a test
                    with one of those and see what you get in your host.

I think I’m just using the basic UI slider..

Here I have selected the fader on the top row at the right, labeled “HC”

HC fader selected

It has 31 possible values from 497 to 527, and I use the mapping I posted earlier to get the slider to display the cutoff frequency in Hz:

On the AU the HC parameter value passed to the DAW reads between 0 and 1, shown here in Logic’s “controls” mode while in the normal mode the GUI shows the values as expected.

Actual values read by the DAW

The issue is how can I get the displayed values to be passed to the DAW instead of the 0-1 values?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by zmix.
                    Attachments:
                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                    human fly
                    Participant
                      • ★★★★

yeah that all looks normal on ctrlr side. sorry can’t think
                      of anything else. someone else might know..

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
                    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                    There is currently 0 users and 90 guests online
                    No users are currently active
                    Forum Statistics
                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                    Ctrlr