New Patch Editor for Roland JV and XP Synths!

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros New Patch Editor for Roland JV and XP Synths!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lecleto
    Participant
      • Topics: 10
      • Replies: 34
      • Total: 44

Hello Ctrlrs!!

After a hard work I´m finally comes here to say that you will have one more option to edit patches on Roland JV and XP series. Based on my first project, JV PatchEd for Roland JV-880 and for good reviews that I received, I decided create this version now for JV and XP series.
      I would like to registry my special thanks to Dnaldoog. He helped me many times and in many topics in this development.
      I hope that this work can be usefull for users of JV and XP series.
      Let me know your opinion! Any feedback are welcome!

JV PatchEd. – Roland JV-XP Patch Editor

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by lecleto.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      dreamer
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 14
        • Total: 14

Nice! I have two jv-1010’s and one jv-1080.

Can I request a linux build, and otherwise at least the vst (dll) version for windows? (that I could try to run in carla plugin host)

The JV-XP Editor looks pretty complete, and works ok with wine. However I’ve been having some issues with it: https://ctrlr.org/jv-xp-editor-for-roland-jv1080-jv2080-xp30-xp50-and-xp80-series-synthesizers/comment-page-2/#comment-3154

I will try to run your .exe with wine

How are you dealing with the 1010 and lack of patch dump?

lecleto
        Participant

Hello Dreamer!

Firstlly I would like to thank you for your interest in try JV-PatchEd!

I also have a JV-1010 and JV-1080. The JV-1010 was the reason to create this version of software since is very powerfull synth however, as you know, very limited to editions. This software are working very well with these units since was developed and tested with th JV-1010 and JV-1080.

I created for you a .dll version but is a 32bit version. I´m on Windows 7-32. I hope that work for you!

Here is this link to download:
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/16IonvW3gMI7o72QEFbEt1LYWFyfKCy0y/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if working and your opinion!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by lecleto.
          dreamer
          Participant
            • Topics: 0
            • Replies: 14
            • Total: 14

The DLL seems to work ok in Carla. I do get some dialog windows that only have an [ok] button and nothing else, but I can change settings and flick through the presets (didn’t try too many things yet).

I think the overview is a bit less than the JV-XP. With all the different tabs and envelopes that don’t show any picture an feedback (I know the JV-envelopes are kind of weird anyway).

But good job so far. Now make me a native linux version 😉

m.tarenskeen
            Participant
              • Topics: 30
              • Replies: 113
              • Total: 143
              • ★★

Why not publish/export as a Ctrlr panel (*.bpanelz), why only an .exe version? Then it should work on Windows, OSX, and Linux. Wine not needed.

lecleto
              Participant

Hello m.tarenskee!

I´m working at same time for 3 versions of JV PatchEd then I changing the versions all time with new ideas, that in many times comes from users, or fixes.

Version 1: For Roland JV-80, JV-880
                Version 2: For Roland JV-1010, JV-1080, JV-2080, XP-30, XP-50, XP-60, XP-80
                Version 3: For Roland JV-90, JV-1000 – In test now

This why only the version .exe is on line. Only the final product.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 103 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr