This version is no longer maintained, please use the new version instead.
An editor for the Hughes & Kettner GrandMeister 36 and GrandMeister Deluxe 40 guitar amps.
Here is a new version for this editor (v2.5.2) with full support for GrandMeister Deluxe 40.
Once started the Editor will try to connect to the Amp (don’t forget to setup the “Input” / “Device” and “Output” / “Device” in the “Midi” menu). Once connected it will synchronize with the Amp by downloading all the presets from it.
There is a “Library” / “Amp” toggle button in the “Preset” section allowing to switch between editing the current Amp preset or the current Library preset. When in “Library” mode, the presets stored in the amp are not modified, unless you use the “Store” or “Store As” button.
The “Compare” section allows you to visualize and ear the differences between the current preset before and after your modifications. When flipping the toggle button, any modified command will turn orange and switch between the original and modified value. If you want to cancel your changes, simply hit the “Restore Orig.” button.
In the “Settings” screen, you can use the “Power Soak” toggle to switch between “Global” (Power Soak value is kept the same on every preset) or “Preset” (each preset has it’s own Power Soak value) mode. The “Global” mode is only available in “Library” mode.
The application is now capable of loading files generated with H&K’s iPad application. Simply select a .gm36memory file from the “Load” screen, it will be automatically converted and saved in a .gm36 file. You can also export your libraries into iPad compatible .gm36memory files with the “Save for iPad” button. Support for reading files exported from the Android application has also been added.
The Library Editor screen allows you to rearrange presets within your library files. Use shift + arrow keys to select multiple presets ; move presets using the dedicated up and down buttons ; and copy/paste patches using shift + c / shit + v shortcuts. Once you’re done, go back to the main screen and save your library or send it to the amp. You can also open an external file and use it’s content as a source for copy/paste operations.
Download Windows Application (2.5.2) – Downloads: 5,837
Download Mac Application (2.5.2) – Downloads: 2,394
Library Editor screen :
– Version 2.5.2 : Fixed library file restore on startup.
– Version 2.5.1 : Fixed power soak setting backup on GM40. Fixed FSM 432 MKIII synchronization on GM40. Fixed errors on Library Editor when moving presets outside of 0-128 range.
– Version 2.5 : Fixed support for GrandMeister Deluxe 40 amp. Added bank number display.
– Version 2.4 : Added Library Editor + experimental support for GrandMeister Deluxe 40. Added support for Android App file import.
– Version 2.3 : Fixed delay time and tempo displayed values to align with iPad app. Fixed “callback” errors. Fixed synchronization between app and FSM footswitch. Added .gm36memory file support. Added Global Power Soak setting.
– Version 2.2.1 : Fixed delay / reverb / modulation state and global mute management. Fixed boost button image in compare mode.
– Version 2.2 : Fixed progress bar bugs. Added upload error recovery. Added compare mode. Added settings window. Added help window. Added connection detection procedure on connected/synced led click. Added update check.
– Version 2.1.1 : Fixed bug of Modulation Type rotary not updating. Fixed bug of fx loop / boost / noise gate not correctly synced with amp
– Version 2.1 : Updated design thanks to image resources kindly provided by Hughes & Kettner. Fixed Midi Out channel detection for “Store” and “Store As” buttons.
– Version 2.0.1 : Fixed “Restore” and “Send to amp” bug. Fixed bug with boost checkbox changing the modulation intensity. Fixed “Store” and “Store As” bug when not using Channel 1.
– Version 2.0 : Added Backup/Restore and preset management feature
– Version 1.1 : Added preset naming support
– Version 1.0 : First version with only live edit mode