If you plan to travel by air with a disability, you should notify your airline in advance. Proper notification can give the airline time to make the necessary preparations to ensure that your accessibility needs are met. Passengers should also be familiar with the specific disability services and policies of their airline.
After purchasing the ticket, you need to contact the airline to request any special assistance you need while you are at airport. Before calling the airline, be sure to check the airline’s list of special assistance request codes.
Ensure first that every airline has a different set of policies for providing passengers services with disabilities. International airlines operating outside the United States are not subject to the Air Carrier Access Act. Before booking travel with British airways booking, be sure to research their policies to ensure that your accessibility needs are met.
Airport wheelchair assistance
- After booking your ticket, you need to prepare for airport security and security checks.
- On the day of the flight, you need to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight.
- Then, you can contact the relevant airline to obtain wheelchair facilities at the airport.
- You can even do the same at the “ticket counter of the airline” in the “visitor lobby”.
- After your wheelchair is approved, an assistant or assistant will be assigned to you. The assistant will guide you through the airport.
- In most cases, you will find a lane reserved for your wheelchair at the airport. It turns out that these lanes are very useful because you can use them to get to your terminal on time.
- You can also ask the airport staff to provide wheelchair assistance during the transfer
- In addition, most airlines provide pre-boarding facilities for individuals with special needs.
- You need to inform the boarding gate staff to use this before boarding your flight.
In addition the airlines also need you to be prepared for COVID-19 pandemic measures in the current situation. Suppose you make Spirit Airlines Reservations and headed to the airport with your passports and other important documents, you need to wear face masks and carry other essentials as well.