GrooveBox Editor Beta– Standalone and VST Editor for Roland MC-505, Roland MC-307, Roland JX-305 and Roland D2 series synthesizers
Multitimbral Midi Editor for Roland MC-505, MC-307, JX-305 and D2 Groove synthesizers. Complete control of all your synthesizer (8 Patch parts, Rhythm part, Effects, Part Common and System settings) from a single instance.
Beta release, any feedback will be welcome.
Load and save patches and rhythms from the synth’s banks and from files in .syx format, and create new soundbanks with drag&drop of patches between banks.
Save the synth status (all Patch, Part Settings, Part Common and System Settings) in a single .syx file. Backup Pattern and Patch data performing a Bulk Dump.
Every parameter of the sound engine of every part is ready to be automated using the hosted version.
GrooveBox Editor lets you edit all the Patch, Rhythm, Part Common, Part and System parameters (up to 8848 parameters!) and save the latest edit status within the application. This means that you can easily recall the latest status of the previous edit simply by opening GrooveBox Editor.
Lock any section of the synthesizer sound engine. For instance, lock Tone 1 Wave section and Amplitude Envelope. When loading or receiving a
new patch, the locked sections will not change. Do you like the effect settings of a Part, or the filter section? Lock them and test any patch with those settings.
GrooveBox Editor provides a Patch Randomizer with several functions to control the process. It can be used together with Parameter Locking section to select which groups of parameters will be randomized.
…and many more features like the Joystick Modulator (choose up to four parameters from any part and modulate them in a vectorial style), copy & paste Tones and Patches, multi-tone editing, scalable GUI, 11 skins to choose…
The zip file contains both stand-alone and VST plugin version for 32 and 64 bit Windows systems, as well as a short manual.
Fixes v.02 (16/12/2017):
- Parameter EFX Delay Send Level was missing.
- Parameter EFX Reverb Send Level was missing.
- Parameter FMX Color didn’t send it’s value.
- Parameter FMX Depth didn’t send it’s value.
- Parameter Tone 3 Pitch Envelope Depth didn’t send it’s value.
- Skin Saturn fixed (was missing a color, resulting in broken GUI or crashes when this skin was selected at startup).
- Modulation destinations are now correctly displaying their names.
- Sending Part Info Data (pressing Send Data button) as a whole was causing problems (initializing patches), so now this data is sent in a different way.
- Added missing CC tab to Drum part.
Download (Windows Only)