We all are familiar that QuickBooks is a highly innovative accounting tool. It is no less than a blessing, especially for mid-sized and small-sized businesses worldwide. But along with that, it is also a tool that was displayed unwanted issues. QuickBooks error 1402 belongs to that unwanted list of topics.
Each time a user tries to download a payroll update on the system, it usually occurs. Although it can be easily resolved, it still affects an individual’s workflow. As a result, users confuse it with QuickBooks Error 15102 as that problem also rises while downloading a payroll update.
This blog will help you get a fix for error 1402 and explain the prime causes. We will also provide the essential solutions to get rid of it. Follow the steps and remove the problem easily. At QB Pro Solution, our fundamental aim is to ensure that all the users have a smooth accounting experience.
Primary Causes of QuickBooks Error 1402
There are some reasons for QuickBooks Error 1402 to see, but the main reasons for it are as listed below: –
- Inappropriate file setting or positioning a damaged file in the QB folder.
- When the user does not reboot after a successful operating system upgrade.
- Microsoft Visual C++ consists of a damaged element.
- When the Windows Registry button is not found or is incorrect.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error 1712
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 1402
Various ways to resolve QuickBooks error code 1402 are available online. But we will provide fully effective solutions. We suggest users not rush or skip on minor details.
NOTE: Enable/On on the built-in Administrator account on the system before using the steps.
For Users of Windows 7:
- From the startup menu of your Windows 7 system, visit the Control Panel.
- You will see a list of options to select User Account to open it.
- Open the Create/Make New Account option and type a name as you wish.
- Apply all the settings you recently exited the window.
- After that, use shortcut keys Alt and F4 to switch off your PC and when it shuts down, switch it on again.
- Log in to the system using the credentials of the new admin account you made.
- Now, try to download and set up QuickBooks; the problem will no longer appear.
For Users of Windows 8:
- The steps to resolve QuickBooks error 1402 for windows 8 users are different, starting with opening the RUN window.
- Enter MSC in the search box window of Run as this will open the Accounts Manager window.
- A list of users will appear on your QuickBooks screen; if you notice carefully, You can see the admin account and it will be visible on the extreme right side of the panel.
- As soon as you see the Administrator account, click twice and select the Properties option.
- This will open a window that displays several options with Account is Disabled checked on; all you need to do is uncheck that box.
- Now, we will restart the QuickBooks system, and once it is back online, we will have to log in using the new Administrator rights.
- After nu-checking the box, close all the windows and quickly proceed towards switching off your computer.
- Turn the PC on and log in using the new admin details.
- Attempt to install QB once again.
Many times, error 1402 displays because of the Adobe Flash Player settings. Downloading QuickBooks File Doctor can solve the problem for you. After the diagnostic tool completes the scan procedure, uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player.
We hope that the techniques mentioned above help you eliminate QuickBooks error 1402. As service providers, we understand the value of the right solutions, so we provide our customers with troubleshooting steps that are tried and tested.
If the error still exists, you can reach out to our professionals. Our team has years of expertise in holding such problems. We can indeed remove the Issue for you in a few minutes. To connect with us, you can either call us at 1.800.579.0391 or place a comment below. We are also available via live chat.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error 179